Why we want you to be a volunteer with us:
God has gifted each of us differently. We use those gifts for His glory. Volunteers bring unique gifts and perspectives to our team. They also bring with them a passion for the service that renews our focus. We want to give you the opportunity to serve Christ and see the work that He is doing through others in Appalachia. We hope that each volunteer will grow in their walk with Christ while they are here and see God use their lives for His glory.
Why should I become a volunteer with St. Vincent Mission?
“If there is among you a poor man of your brethren, within any of the gates in your land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart nor shut your hand from your poor brother, but you shall open your hand wide to him and willingly lend him sufficient for his need, whatever he needs.”
Service with St. Vincent Mission because you have a desire to serve God and bring Him glory.
St. Vincent Mission provides our program participants the opportunity to help themselves come out of poverty. Our programs require the participants to do work for the services that they receive. This helps them to develop skills and gives them a feeling of accomplishment. We desire that you work with our program participants to accomplish whatever task is set before you.
What to expect:
Accommodations: Volunteer Housing. Depending on the number of volunteers we have, each volunteer will have their own room.
Stipend: $200 a month
Community: Christ focused community.
How Do I become a volunteer?
Apply via our volunteer application at the bottom of the page.
With the application please send the following items through email to [email protected]:
1. Cover letter describing why you want this opportunity and how you are qualified to meet the volunteer requirements.
2. Letter of recommendation from a priest, pastor or spiritual leader.
3. Copy of Driver’s License or ID.
Specific Service Areas:
Food Pantry: Will help with the food pantry staff when it comes to:
• Picking up and unloading product from God’s Food Pantry.
• Keeping shelves stocked with food and keep the area clean and presentable.
• Packing bags for participants.
David Boutique: Will help with the David Boutique staff to:
• Keep the store stocked.
• Keep the store presentable and clean.
• At times, be willing and able to clerk the store.
Home Repair Program: Works with staff of St. Vincent Mission, including Site Supervisor, volunteer groups and leaders as well as home owners.
• Help with preparation/orientation/follow-up of Volunteer Groups.
• Work closely with the Site Supervisor of our Home Repair Program.
• Lead volunteer groups to work sites.
• Pick-up and delivery of materials to work sites when needed.
• Keeps track of volunteer group information.
• Schedules entertainment and social activities for volunteer groups.
Sustainable Agriculture: Will help in conjunction with the coordinator of the program to:
• Prepare soil for planting
• Planting and maintaining garden
• Picking produce when ready to be given out in Food Pantry.
• Plan/ and serve during our Summer Day Camp
• Assist with Family Fun Days and other outreach projects